Chef Manjunath Mural approaches Indian food with a modern interpretation that has seen him bring accolades to Song of India. His passion sees him popularising Indian food with refined flavours and masterful presentations.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 25 min
200g Salmon fillet (2 pcs of 100g)
1tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp Lime juice
1 tsp Grainy mustard
150ml vegetable oil
pinch of salt
1tsp Mustard seeds
6 Curry leaves
4 Kaffir lime leaves
1 Onion, small, chopped
1 Tomato, small, chopped
1 Ginger, small, chopped
½ tsp Red chilli powder
2tsp Laksa paste
200ml Coconut cream
salt to taste
- Marinade the Salmon pieces with ginger garlic paste, lime juice, grainy mustard, salt, then keep it aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce.
- For sauce, heat oil in a sauce pan, add the mustard seeds, curry leaf, chopped onion, chopped tomatoes, chopped ginger and sauté it for 4-5 min.
- Add the red chilli powder, then the laksa paste, coconut cream, kaffir lime leaf. bring it to boil, stir it constantly, finally add the salt, and keep it warm.
- Heat oil in pan, shallow fry the salmon evenly both the side.
- Heat the sauce, pour into dip plate, place the salmon, and garnish with curry leaves micro greens.
- Make sure all the ingredients are tempered before cooking them; strain the sauce and pan sear the fish.