Cuca’s take on the classic summer cocktail is refreshing and punchy. As the tropical fruit ice cubes melts, the flavour intensify and it transforms the cocktail, from sparkling red wine into a fruity punch.
PREP TIME Overnight
RED WINE MIX
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp vanilla brandy
2/3 cups soda water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Cut five vanilla pods into several pieces and put them into a bottle of brandy. Keep them at room temperature for one week to infuse.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup tangerine juice
- 1 cup watermelon juice
- 1 cup yellow watermelon juice
- Mix the brandy with red wine, soda, honey and lemon juice.
- Stir gently so not to remove bubbles from the soda.
- Juice the fruits individually and strain it to remove the pulps.
- Freeze the juice in ice cube tray.
- Place the ice cubes in a tall glass. Put the red wine mix separately.
- To serve, pour the red wine mix into the glass with ice cubes.