With subtle Vietnamese flavours of coriander and fresh lemongrass, the cocktail is a mix of fresh herbs and gentle spices. Roku Gin matches perfectly with an array of distinctive Balinese spices: Sancho pepper, citrus and green tea.
• 45ml lemongrassinfused Roku Gin
• 30ml fresh lemon juice
• 20ml white honey
• Coriander bitter
• Pandan leaves and begonia flower for garnish
• Pour all ingredients into mixing glass.
• Dry shake (with no ice) first.
• Then add some ice into mixing glass, and shake it again.
• Pour it into a stemmed cocktail glass.
• Garnish with three dashes of coriander bitter, along with pandan leaves and begonia flower.
• 2/3 cup water
• 2/3 cup honey
• 1/3 cup white sugar
• Place honey and water into a small saucepan.
• Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Then turn the heat down to low and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes, stirring consistently.
• When the syrup thickens a little bit, remove from heat and cool.
LEMONGRASS - INFUSED ROKU GIN
• 2–3 lemongrass stalks
• 1 cup Roku Gin
• Peel of 1 lime
• Wash 2–3 stalks of lemongrass and trim them, leaving 3-4 inches from the bottom.
• Smash bottom of lemongrass with a kitchen mallet to open the ends.
• Pour 1 cup of Roku Gin into a large glass jar.
• Put the lemongrass and the lime peel into the jar and seal it tight with a lid for 24 hours.
• 1 tsp coriander seeds
• 1 tsp cardamon
• 1 cup 151 proof grain alcohol/vodka
• 1 pc orange peel
• In a glass jar, infuse vodka with cardamon and orange peel for at least 24 hours. Strain.