This three-ingredient drink is so easy to put together. Here, Davide Boncimino, bar operations manager of Sugarhall, brings herbal and citrus nuances to a classic with the addition of two rums in equal portions.
Boncimino’s tips on making Daiquiri
- Fresh juice is always worth the effort. It gives the drink an added brightness.
- Try your next Daiquiri with different rums. The profile of the drink changes drastically depending on the mix you use. It can be bold and heavy when you use Jamaican, light if using Cuban rum. Whole French Caribbean/Martinique rums have a grassier note. It’s all about finding the right balance that suits your taste.
- 30ml Veritas Rum
- 30ml Barcardi Superior 1909
- 15ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- To make sugar syrup, boil sugar and water in 1:1 ratio till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously till the cocktail shaker is icy cold.
- Strain, pour and serve on a coupe glass.